Sudman - Newmann Heritage House
701 5th Street
Chappell, NE 69129
The Fred and Minnie Meyer Sudman House, located at 5th and Vincent Ave. in Chappell, Nebraska, is a historic house (built 1911) that is a notable local landmark. It is a 42-by-36-foot wood frame house on a concrete masonry foundation. It is described as a "two-story, symmetrical, central hall, double-pile house," but having a plan that "incorporates spatial design usually reserved for high-style dwellings." It is known to have been built by contractor Henry Dickmeyer. The Sudman-Neumann Heritage House was the first house to have electric lights and running water and is filled with period furniture. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) in 1990. The house has now been restored to an early 20th-century appearance and is operated as the Sudman-Neumann Heritage House Museum.